Monday 3 March 2008

First day at University for me in fifteen years!

I had lectures for European Studies, Philosophy and Latin today, with Politics tomorrow. So far, I think I'm going to love them all, Latin is certainly going to be the most challenging with all the rote learning involved. ES is going to be an absolute dream as it gives me a legitimate reason to pay closer attention to SBS News and my Guardian Weekly subscription and to read deeper about the formation of Europe as it is now. Philosophy for the first semester focuses on Plato, Freud, Sartre and Darwin and I have read pretty much nothing of any of them, just a wee bit of criticism of Darwin and some Sartre, so that will all be incredibly eye opening and terribly terribly interesting.

I am completely knackered now, can't be bothered even putting leftovers in the microwave to heat! Gotta get motivated, I know how important it is to eat properly and look after myself. There's just so much to think about. Like, now I'm watching the Premier League and Serie A news and I wish I had more time to watch football too. I miss not being up on what's going on, I miss being amongst the boys and knowing what the standings are. I miss BBC radio and the hourly news updates.

But, campus is pretty and hopefully I'll be able to listen online to 6music again one day soon.

The highs and lows are ever-present.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! So glad you enjoyed yourself :)

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous! I wish my philosophy course had been structured differently. I feel like I missed out on most contemporary philosophers and philosophical theory. It kind of skipped from Freud to post-modernism, and that's ancient history these days! ;p