Sunday 9 March 2008

Slightly confused

So, I'm an atheist, right? However, I still can't help but be fascinated by religions and the increasing roles they play in society today. At one of our orientation days, there was a talk given by one of the chaplains of the college's, who is also a lecturer at the University. He was telling us about a unit he is running this semester about Religion and Sport, the way that so many professional players these days are referred to in biblical or religious terms in the media - the prodigal son, baptism of fire etc. And then, I come across this article in the Guardian this morning and it makes me want to be able to enrol in Yale to hear his lectures:-

Blair plans to teach religion at Yale

This man was our "saviour" in 1997, before he betrayed us in 2001. However, as much as I disagree with his policies and religious beliefs, he is still an amazing orator and I think it would be an amazing privilege to be taught by him.

I suppose I can understand now why Philosophy and Theology are so intertwined and often taught together. Maybe I'll be able to explore that a little more in my studies at some point?

No comments: