Wednesday 20 February 2008

The internet is amazing ...

Yet again, I have found a bunch of articles that blow my mind or inspire me to write, and naturlich (did I spell it right Amanda, if you read this? I know there's an umlaut somewhere but I have no idea how to type that on my keyboard) I have to preserve them for posterity's sake. I should be doing work on myspaz, I will get to that in a wee second or so ...

Mysteries of computer from 65BC
I know this article is from 2006, I have NO idea how the hell I came across it today, but it is just bloody incredible that this kind of technology existed so fricking long ago. What happened to the human race in the interim? How did we lose the intelligence that led to the production of such an accurate and beautiful object? Did religion wipe people's brains? I'm reading Dawkins' "The God Delusion" at the moment, so please give me a break on that last comment. Anyway, regardless of what the reason was, I'm astonished that the mechanism exists and will hopefully be able to view it one day in a museum.

Actually, I can't be bothered writing more now, it's time for the washing up. How awfully dull.

1 comment:

Amanda Kendle said...

natürlich :-) sehr gut!