Tuesday 19 February 2008

The man is a genius

Charlie Brooker once again finds the time wax lyrically on another stupid bureaucratic ideal, the idea of a Smoker's Permit. I need to find more time to devote to reading all Brooker articles, for at least they will keep me sane in this horrendous city. I spent 45minutes this afternoon waiting at a bus stop listening to the inane goings-on of a bunch of (mostly private) high school children and I wished on a number of occasions that I was either dead, drunk or at least in the possession of my iPod so I could stop listening to them. I shan't be travelling on public transport again without it, I think it's a necessary weapon to remove society from my surroundings. How awful is that? And snobbish? My goodness, if I spend any more time in Sholl Avenue, I just may end up voting Tory sometime soon ...

And whilst I'm ranting, I was very frustrated yesterday to not be able to use an ampersand character in the labels for my post. I can't be bothered emailing Blogger about it as I'm sure it won't get me anywhere, but I don't understand their need to policy the use of punctuation in labels. Surely a search engine that can read punctuation exists? Actually, I'm probably just expecting far too much of the world as per usual.

At least I had two good meetings today, my professional support network has dropped from three to two, but they were both encouraging and excited for me today with the job and study news. Now, if I can only just avoid M&D until Kel comes to pick me up, it will be a happy day.

No comments: