Wednesday 27 February 2008

Not so keen on this

I know I shouldn't be worrying about what a study says, but it seems to be a pretty comprehensive study and it makes me wonder just why or whether my drugs really do actually work for me ...

Antidepressants a waste of time

Prozac does not work

What to do? I know how bad things got when I stopped taking them last time, I promised myself I wouldn't do that again. But do I really know that the Effexor is working and not just making me fuzzy and cloudy and stuff? Maybe it is as good as a Placebo? And the high dose that I'm on is just to make me feel like I'm on them?

Too hard just now ...

EDIT:- Just read this now and it's made me feel a little better, as if I'm part of an enlightened group of philosophers.

The good that depression can bring

Maybe I won't do so bad at my degree after all?

I just didn't like the way any of the articles said that these researches have "proven" that only the seriously depressed can benefit from anti-depressants. Because I'm feeling well just now, I don't like to think that I was - and possibly will be again - that sick, that this illness is so affecting. I wish I didn't have it, but there ain't nothing I can do about it, especially since it has biological, environmental and personality markers.

At least I don't get sick by halves either though! HA!

1 comment:

Amanda Kendle said...

Hey how come you got all this stuff on your blog but only the newest one came thru on my RSS?

Anyway ... this is v. interesting stuff. Esp the last article about depression possibly being a good thing. I agree. That's what I always (well not always, but after I recovered) thought about my anxiety attacks etc - after that I definitely 'got the hang of life' a whole lot better and I wouldn't be able to be as happy as I am without having suffered then. You know, kind of appreciating what you have, and putting everything in perspective, seeing the important things more clearly ... bla bla bla :-)