Saturday 21 June 2008

Dearest Geraldine

I am in a night of hell in Brisbane - Cutters afterparty gone wrong, so many bogans! - and we have to do it all over again tomorrow night in Sydney... That'll be better though, I hope. Gah.

I didn't see Ben in the end, I was all waiting for his call and he never turned up at the party. Turns out a good friend of his' brother died suddenly that night and he was caught up in that. So I was all waiting for my date to turn up, dancing with my friends and just chatting to people I knew. It was fun, I was super tired - had caught the red eye over that AM - but I ended up talking to this boy for a long time who I kinda know. He's - surprise surprise - in a band and I've always thought he was gorgeous, but he was taken. Except he's not anymore, so I did the last thing I expected to do that night and ended up going back to his, where he couldn't have been sweeter or more lovely. So I fall for him - of course - and then when I try and make arrangements to see him later in the week, he's all busy. And I come back to Perth all sad cos I thought he was lovely and I decide I'm going back to Melb for another week during my holidays. So, I email to tell him that, and 48hours later still nothing :( It was a nice confidence boost, but I would never have gone back to his - usually - if I thought it was just a one night thing. Sorry to dump all that on you! I was too busy to call Ben again, I probably was quite silly in not messaging him to say goodbye. I owe him an email I suppose.

I've decided that I really have to try and move back to Melb at the end of this semester. I can't ever have the type of life I want in Perth, I don't know enough people to go out with, everyone is taken. I was out in Melbourne for three hours and I'd talked to a bunch of handsome single guys. So miserable!

Right, I gotta go make sure that Dan + Ben are actually DJing still and not off chasing girlies. Single boys, who'd look after 'em!

Miss you, have a fabulous rest of your trip and I look forward to seeing you when we're both "home" in Perth.

No comments: