Thursday 3 July 2008

Moblogging?

Doctor's surgeries are kind of awful places. I'm an idiot for attempting to read about quantum physics in the waiting room, but it's the book I'm on just now, so what else to do? Constant mental interruptions by complaining old people, infants, rubbish TV news and the good old general public at large. Oh, for the peace of mind that will descend tomorrow, 24 hours to go! The more I read about the global downturn, the more I think I may have got out of the UK at the right time. Marksies share price down 25% overnight? That's pretty huge. I do want to go back to live in London and do post-grad @ Oxford, but if it takes three to four years to get there, I think that should probably be about right, hopefully we'll be on the upswing by then. Whether other people can wait that long remains to be seen, however that's my fantasy-land talking again and I have no way of even pretending it is a plausible possibility! Och well, one can only hope, I suppose ...

Speaking of hope, I sent it out to the Universe to sort out this morning. Anyone driving past me as I was yapping away to the heaven's would have hopefully assumed I had some sort of fancy hands-free gadget nonsense in operation and that I wasn't just talking to myself. Little do they know! Anyway, it's out there to be figured out and I have the confidence in it being done so. I know I wrote in Melbs that the Universe is a more East than West coast thing, however Cynthia has reignited the West coast cheer squad, reminding me of the *power!* so I have enabled it, hopefully :)

I think I'm going to be waiting here forever. Back to the origins of the Universe then I suppose?

1 comment:

Amanda Kendle said...

Ha! I only just read this one about quantum physics in the waiting room. Surreal. Anyway have a look here: http://becomingafictionwriter.com/2008/07/meme-me-6-things-about-me-and-my-writing/ because I've tagged you ... but no obligation.