Tuesday 8 July 2008

Two problems

One is my heart, there's not really an awful lot that can be done about that just now. Needless to say, it's kind of driving me ever-so-slightly insane and I wish there was a cure for time, or insanity, or daydreaming, or distance, or any of the things that seem to be preventing me from being able to dull the ache. Will-power would be useful too, any quick fixes out there for that one? I think common sense, beauty and intelligence are completely over-rated; if it could be bottled and sold, will-power is what I'd be investing in big time.

I suppose that links me neatly on to dilemma number two. I'd much rather keep thinking about dilemma number one though, as there is a nice happy ending to that. Actually, that's a lie - what a surprise. There's a fictional fantasy escape land where dilemma number one can be solved in a myriad of ways, much like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel. Happy endings galore. Serious avoidance going on again, my goodness, I know I can lie to myself most of the time, but that blatant fake out was just pathetic. It's obvious I don't really want to write about this now. I was in the mood earlier, started whilst I was waiting for Liv to call so I could go pick her up, but it seems the overriding guilty need to out myself has faded. I just need some help. I need some practical help, but I'm not really sure where to turn for it. I think I actually know the answer to that question, but (typically) that thought spirals off into a seemingly endless dull existence, so I'm not so keen to pursue that particular outcome. It's not a particularly nice problem/dilemma really. Needs a little bit of owning up to. And a hefty whack of soul searching to try and find out why. That's what I'm semi-scared, the why. Actually, the why is OK, it's the then dealing with the why, side-stepping it's stupidness - because it most like will be pathetically stupid - and then starting afresh. If I could banish such thoughts and be "normal" then it would all be fine.

Maybe the dull existence is what is really called for after all? If I could have the dull existence with dilemma number one solved, maybe that would be OK? Not likely, I need a *balanced* existence, remember!

This is rubbish, I'm going to just go daydream instead ...

3 comments:

Amanda Kendle said...

Well I for one have not much idea what you're on about but at least you go on about it very eloquently :-) see you tomorrow night. How many sleeps??

Jamie said...

Can we be both tense and satisfied?

shelleyberelli said...

I'm hearin' you lady. Shelbs x