Wednesday 30 July 2008

More reading ...

Here's a lovely paragraph I stumbled across, from my usual weblinkings through the world of The Guardian:-

The idea that marriage is a settling into long-term cosiness is bizarre. A succession of short relationships allows you to coast. Staying with one person doesn't (or shouldn't). A vibrant 70-year-old I interviewed recently in New York told me that whenever she and her husband of 40 years felt tempted to have an affair, they'd come back, sit down with each other, and work out what frustrations had bubbled up in their relationship that they were trying to resolve elsewhere, and how they could deal with them. Nothing cosy there, only a constant evolving.

That's the kind of relationship I want. Hello Universe, are you listening????

No comments: